Monday 22 September 2008

The University of Sheffield Library welcomes all new Dental Students

Welcome to all new Dental Students. My name is Vicky Grant and I am the Faculty Librarian for all the departments in the Faculty of Medicine. It is my role to ensure that the University Library is providing all the information resources to support your studies and also to ensure that you are taught the skills of information literacy as part of the Dental School curriculum. Initially you will receive a lecture about the Library service and further into the course you will attend information skills workshops to support your assignments. If you need help with any aspect of the Library service then please do ask either at one of the Library Enquiry Desks or by email (library@sheffield.ac.uk ) or you can contact me directly at v.grant@sheffield.ac.uk.

Welcome to Sheffield. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Vic

:-)

4 comments:

  1. Hey all fellow first year dental students, looks like we're going to need to learn how to use a library, as i've not stepped into one since i was like 5 (and even then I wasn't too happy about having to get a book to read), so cya all in there (i'll be the one walking round having no clue what to do)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! Journals! Will have to find my way to those eventually for an essay- hope the library staff will help me out when I need them pleease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Seb

    I can see we are going to have our work cut out helping you! If you need help please do ask at the Library Enquiry Desk.

    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to All PG students, I know we dont see each other much, Any way keep in touch by mail or drop in Some Pub etc, Hope to hear from you all soon.

    Regards

    Nav

    ReplyDelete